For more information on any press releases, or for general marketing enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online DIY Investing Q1 2017
- An update on the online investing market at Q1 2017
- The market grew 27% year-on-year to £182.2bn and customer numbers were up 11%
- The tide continues to shift towards packaged all-in-one solutions and robo advice, where traction is starting to show
Vanguard launches as robos smash through 1 billion barrier
- Launched today, Vanguard’s new online investment service presents a low-cost headache to traditional wealth managers
- The “old guard” is also under siege by robo advisers whose UK assets have exceeded £1 billion
- Non-advised UK investors now have a better range of choices than ever before
Boring Money research finds open architecture in decline for UK direct investors
- Passive accounts for 12% of fund assets on open architecture D2C platforms and is on the rise, comprising of more than a third of sales on a number platforms.
- On those platforms with fund shortlists, these lists see 30% of gross fund sales.
- Of the 24 platforms surveyed, 17 now offer guided solutions where customers can pick a risk level and be directed into an all-in-one solution.
- Most of the new groups providing online investment don’t provide access to funds from multiple managers.
New ratings highlight best online investment providers for consumers
- AJ Bell Youinvest, Fidelity, Hargreaves Lansdown and Nutmeg get the highest Gold rating
- Ratings include customer scores, service, cost and ease of use
- In total 12 providers have been rated at either Gold, Silver or Bronze level