LOCATION:: London, West End
HOURS: Permanent full time
ROLE REPORTS TO: Head of Partnerships and Events, Carmel Dickinson
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing and exciting information business with a highly regarded brand servicing the consumer investment industry. Its audience consists of both end-user consumers and product/service providers who are also its clientele.
We are looking for an ambitious and hungry account manager who has the drive and tenacity to grow and manage our digital, events and publications sales. This is not about ‘call times’ and ‘rebooks’ – this is about getting to know the industry, our product sets and applying your knowledge to identify and engage relevant clients.
You should be interested in the world of investing, pensions, savings, robo advice and how technology is changing this space. We don’t need a financial expert but we do need someone who will take an interest in our market and learn about what we do.
You will work collaboratively with the Head of Commercial, the research team and the founder CEO to develop the digital business and create new business in order to meet and beat quarterly targets. In return you will be joining an enthusiastic team ready to help you succeed, engaging with a market receptive to our proposition and taking responsibility for a valuable suite of products/services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience with a track record of success in a research, media, digital or events (delegate acquisition) sales roles. 2 years +
- Understanding of a B2B Business
- Understanding of the UK digital advertising marketplace and the metrics that drive digital advertising and sponsorship sales.
- Proven ability to take leads from discovery through to close.
- Professional approach with good presentation skills.
- A genuine hunger to make sales.
- An entrepreneurially spirited character who can help us develop and improve upon our current processes and products.
- A curious person who will want to learn about the industry and the challenges it faces
- Experience in financial services a bonus
- A contact book of digital and West End agencies would be a bonus.
- Someone who truly embraces the importance of maintaining a rock-solid CRM
- Motivation to join a small, growing start-up team.
- Not scared to work hard and be a team member.
- Represent publication sales of four research titles across the year and 2 x consumer segmentation reports
- Represent delegate sales across the business.
- Achieve, and exceed where possible, the budget levels for revenue across digital and events and publications
- Ensure the 2018/2019 digital and events sales strategy is delivered.
- Support the business with sales across all business lines as agreed with the Head of Partnerships, Research Director and the CEO.
- Maintain high personal profile amongst key contacts through face to face meetings and telephone contact
- Ensure that campaigns are set up correctly, optimized and reported back on.
- Support on bespoke proposals and pitches.
- A willingness to learn and understand the UK consumer investment industry focusing primarily on savings, pensions and investments.
- Strong understanding of our brand and its objectives.
Our ultimate goal is to build a leading brand for consumers who want to make sensible decisions about savings and investments. You will have a strong belief in what we are trying to do and collaborate with our industry clients towards this end goal, feeding back to the business about what support industry clients want to deliver better services and products to consumers.
At the end of the day we want someone with ideas, with passion and with empathy who can not only sell a suite of products and services – but help the business to become better at what it does and to make sure we are delivering great products and events which our clients want.
We are in our third year and have a strong book of industry clients. We are in growth mode. The right person will help us expand our contact base and be incentivised and rewarded for doing so.
SALARY: £28k - £35k based on experience and knowledge.
COMMISSION: Quarterly bonus based on individual and group targets.