Opportunity to work for a growing scale-up business
Be a part of a flourishing and highly respected scale-up business, led by an entrepreneur with a successful track record in creating respected financial services businesses.
This Administration Manager role is ideal for someone with experience in administration who wants to be a part of something that is a little bit different.
You will play a key role in supporting a small team as it grows and develops over an exciting period of growth and change. Your key tasks are to help the team with general admin requirements, HR, liaison with our accountants, database management and providing support to our CEO.
Overall description of tasks
- Office management – both virtual and in person
- Works under little or no supervision and with considerable autonomy, provides strong administrative support in all capacities needed.
- Acts as the key point of contact with the external finance functions to ensure accurate financial processes and record-keeping
- Maintains key financial records
- Maintains shareholder records and investor reporting
- Maintains and updates key internal sales, marketing, and research databases
- Prepares and proofreads documents, correspondence, and forms.
- Carries out varied assigned tasks requiring strong knowledge of office protocol and has a firm understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings and conferences, arranges travel, including supporting the scheduling of research interviews
- Works on special projects with minimal supervision.
- Sets up and maintains manual and electronic filing systems
- Takes the initiative to ensure the smooth running of a busy office
- Answers the telephone, takes and relays messages and addresses routine and noncritical issues or routes to appropriate person
- Maintains and updates the HR records and co-ordinates leave
- Assists employees and Managers with administrative requests and performs additional assignments as requested
- Supports the CEO with occasional personal admin requests/needs
- Regularly works with extremely confidential data
- 10+ years of strong, proven experience working in an administrative role
- Preference for someone with experience of smaller businesses/start-ups
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and of Excel in particular
- Confident preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Able to set up laptops for new starters and manage basic email administration
- Advanced skills in working with online video communications and conferencing solutions, such as Zoom
- Confident in establishing robust business procedures
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift and change with little notice
- Displays cognitive thinking in actions
- Professional in demeanour at all times
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills and ability to interface comfortably with internal staff as well as clients
- Understanding of bookkeeping and payroll processes
Boring Money has a team of 12 people and is embarking on a period of exciting change and growth. We’re looking for an experienced, mature, cheerful and unflappable all-round legend who can help us on our path.
- The role is London-based - with some days working from home a potential - although as part of the role is to support the broader office, the majority of time should be on site.
- Most of the handover and induction will be done virtually as we are currently working from home. Most of the team will be returning to the office from September 2020. The offices are close to Bond St tube station.
- The role is full-time although we are happy to consider flexibility on hours for the right candidate.
- Generous salary -commensurate with experience.
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum plus bank holidays.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Claire Anstee to apply:
Preferred start date w/c 27th July
London, 26th June 2020