Chief of Staff
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions.
Our readers shape our products with their feedback, ratings and reviews, helping us to build the financial lovechild of TripAdvisor and Which? We are an information business – we help consumers to make better choices and our research, insights and data team help the industry to make better products and services.
We recently completed a successful raise on Crowdcube to fund the next chapter in our development. Our office is centrally located in London.
About the role
After 4 years of testing and development we are now ready to grow and have ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond. While we:
- Grow our traffic from 500,000 visitors to 2 million visitors in the next 12 months
- Add to our product comparison verticals
- Expand our B2B research and data business
We are looking to bring onboard a Chief of Staff who will work directly with our CEO. The Chief of Staff will be actively driving the company’s most critical projects and strategic initiatives, supporting our developing website and corresponding growth. As such, we envisage that the successful applicant will be on a trajectory to COO appointment and will be a core member of our growing team.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a cheerful pro-active person who can help us to achieve our ambitious plans and be a right-hand person to the CEO. We are a small team and are about to embark on a period of significant growth. We need an organised, highly accountable, unflappable dynamo who is not afraid of multitasking, to keep us focussed and on track to deliver our plan and objectives. Finally, we are determined in our mission to help consumers make better choices. We need someone who is aligned with this mission and who shares our belief that the system is broken – and who also shares our passion to do something to make it better.
What you’ll need
- You have previous experience in a fast-growing start-up with broad cross-functional responsibilities covering strategy, product, and operations
- You have extensive project management experience leading key companywide initiatives such as launching new products and websites; experience with data projects would be a benefit
- You have experience of working with senior executives and the ability to make a good business case and to bring a team on the journey with you
- You have excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence, evidenced in experience building relationships across departments and resolving conflicts
- You are a ‘doer’ as well as a leader and happy to roll your sleeves up
- You will ideally have completed a recent MBA or some other form of undergraduate and/or postgraduate management studies (e.g. MiM)
- You are an advanced user of the Microsoft Office suite
- You are keen to use technology when possible to enhance your productivity and that of your colleagues; being curious about new software and systems as well as their utility in the course of business
What you’ll be doing
- You will support Boring Money’s CEO to deliver critical initiatives by assuming day-to-day project leadership and enabling collaboration across various teams
- You will be responsible for strategy and project planning across key initiatives, assisting the CEO to identify and deliver business priorities for revenue and growth
- You will help us scale by establishing clear objectives and KPIs and implementing robust processes to help a growing team understand and achieve common goals
- You will support the CEO to periodically refine and update the 3-year-plan, identifying priorities and opportunities in this rapidly changing market; you will help ensure that we stick to this plan and provide clear updates to the CEO on progress, blockers and risks
As lockdown eases, we anticipate that the role will require at least 3-4 days a week in the office to facilitate collaboration.
- Competitive salary
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.