Commercial Product Manager For Advice
COMMERCIAL PRODUCT MANAGER FOR ADVICE – NEWLY CREATED ROLE
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions.
This year we are on track to have 1 million consumers on our site, using our Best Buy tables to find ISAs and pensions, or our Triage Quiz to help them find the right product or advice for them. We have recently added advice tables and an Adviser Directory, which help consumers to pick the right digital adviser or individual traditional adviser for their needs.
Our readers are central to everything we do, providing ratings, reviews and feedback which enable TripAdvisor-type insights to readers who want customer insights as well as our opinions and ratings. Content is King and our audience is engaged.
After 5 years of listening, testing and learning, we are now ready to accelerate our growth. We have an ambitious strategy to execute, as we reinforce our position to become the most trusted independent brand which helps consumers to make better financial choices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In 2021, Boring Money added a comparison vertical for Advice to our website. We help to showcase all types of financial advice (little and fully regulated advice) to consumers. Once they have learnt a little more about their options, should they wish to then select a provider or an adviser, we also facilitate this.
Content is core to everything we do. Our panel of advisers answer consumer questions, which is a way of helping many, as well as one individual. It also presents a very human face to that adviser – and gives our reader more confidence to approach that adviser.
There has been an artificial divide between DIY and advice for too long, when in practice we know that people may adopt both at different stages in their life. We are very keen to integrate advisers and advice more fully into everything we do. For example, our recent consumer webinars have been run with a financial adviser as well as a provider, giving our advisers great exposure and our listeners very practical ‘real world’ content.
- You will own the pages on our website which articulate financial coaching, digital advice and traditional advice
- You will liaise with the research and marketing teams to make sure that content is correct, up-to-date and helpful
- You will manage the relationships we have with financial advisers
- You will manage the relationships we have with digital advice firms and financial coaching firms
- You will be responsible for growing our Adviser Directory and finding more advisers to join
- You will be responsible for the pricing and proposition of our advice vertical
- You will resolve any complaints or queries from either advisers and consumers in a way which is fair, impartial and prioritises long-term relationships over short-term targets
- You will liaise with the technical product team to ensure the advice pages and Directory are developed to be fit-for-purpose and helpful
- You will be responsible for thinking about how we integrate advisers into everything that we do – our content, our webinars and our communities
- You will think tirelessly about how to engage a consumer audience with their advice options – and how to showcase the new categories of coaching and digital advice alongside more traditional advice
- You will work with the CEO and leadership team to continually think of ways to reduce the Advice Gap in the UK
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 8 years+ experience of working for a financial advice firm, or as a close supplier or partner to an advice firm
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment in the UK
- Experience of project management or product management
- Experience of working for smaller firms without the support of extensive teams
- A demonstrable ability to take ownership of projects and to use your initiative
- A good network of contacts in the financial services industry, especially with financial advisers
- A genuine passion to make things better for consumers
- A desire to champion all forms of advice which will benefit consumers
Salary – will depend on the experience and seniority of the candidate – this is a relatively senior role and will require someone able to work with autonomy and confidence.
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- Regular team socials
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Boring Money has a great team of 22 people today. We don’t do office politics and the team is close-knit and collaborative. We’re on a mission to make a genuine difference and it’s an exciting time in our growth.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.