COO – NEWLY CREATED ROLE
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions.
This year we are on track to have 1 million consumers on our site, using our Best Buy tables to find ISAs and pensions, or our Triage Quiz to help them find the right product or advice for them. We have recently added advice tables and an Adviser Directory, which help consumers to pick the right digital adviser or individual traditional adviser for their needs.
Our readers are central to everything we do, providing ratings, reviews and feedback which enable TripAdvisor-type insights to readers who want customer insights as well as our opinions and ratings. Content is King and our audience is engaged.
After 5 years of listening, testing and learning, we are now ready to accelerate our growth. We have an ambitious strategy to execute, as we reinforce our position to become the most trusted independent brand which helps consumers to make better financial choices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
At a pivotal stage of its growth, Boring Money is looking for an energetic, committed, ‘hands-on’ COO who will help the CEO steer the company through an ambitious growth phase.
You will have key responsibility for the execution of our strategic Plan.
This is a senior role which will require a blend of pragmatism, experience, tenacity and humour! Our scale-up environment is fluid and you will need to have experience of working in smaller businesses, without large support teams and well-trodden paths.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You will be a motivated, curious self-starter with experience of working in smaller growth companies. You will be the living embodiment of organisation and not afraid to roll your sleeves up. You understand that people are everything and have the ability to nurture, drive and inspire a team.
You will have a genuine passion and belief that the customer needs to sit at the heart of everything that this industry does – not at the neglected end of a value chain. And you will want to be part of something which makes a different to people’s lives!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a regulated industry and environment
- Excellent project management skills with proven experience managing end-to-end projects involving multiple departments & senior stakeholders
- Proven ability in strategic planning and business development
- A meticulous eye for detail
- High levels of emotional intelligence with the ability to resolve constructive conflicts
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and an understanding of how smaller companies work
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and do ‘a bit of everything’ – this is not for someone who needs a large team of do-ers to delegate everything to
- An understanding that we may not have a template for everything – many things will literally start with a blank piece of paper
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Process and operations
- Put in place the processes and systems required to take an information business with 20 FTE to a digital consumer business with 50+ FTE
- Take ownership for operations across all departments, from our B2B insights team to our B2C consumer website
- Manage relationships with core external vendors and suppliers
- Review our regulatory status and work with outsourced compliance support as required, identifying as and when we need to bring this in-house
- Oversee our growth plans and the implementation of two new core business lines
People and culture
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Review our optimal working environment
- Take overall responsibility for hiring, rewards and benefits
Financials and reporting
- Create and manage business performance reporting
- Produce quarterly progress reports, shareholder updates and Board reporting
- Take on company secretarial duties and investor relations
- Oversee our external accountants and all financial and company reporting until such time as we bring on a CFO
- Understand the needs of our customers and ensuring that this is reflected in the product development pipeline
Effectively you are the person responsible for making sure that the plan is executed.
As such you will be a key voice feeding into the plan, making sure that our focus remains strategically sound and providing challenge and ideas to the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- Regular team socials
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Boring Money has a great team of 22 people today. We don’t do office politics and the team is close-knit and collaborative. We’re on a mission to make a genuine difference and it’s an exciting time in our growth.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.