Digital Content Producer
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions. Our readers shape our products with their feedback, ratings and reviews, helping us to build the financial lovechild of TripAdvisor and Which? We are an information business – we help consumers to make better choices and our research, insights and data team help the industry to make better products and services. We recently completed a successful raise on Crowdcube to fund the next chapter in our development.
About the role
After 4 years of testing and development we are now ready to grow and have ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond. While we:
- Grow our traffic from 500,000 visitors to 2 million visitors in the next 12 months
- Add to our product comparison verticals
- Expand our B2B research and data business
We have ambitious plans that aim to position us as the UK’s leading investment information platform, and the go to industry experts for consumer finance insight. We want to be the group that the industry turns to when they want to understand what their customers want – and what the broader population thinks, needs and wants.
What we're looking for
- A cheerful, flexible and genuinely curious person who loves what they do
- A creative person who can think of great ways to illustrate difficult and sometimes technical concepts
- A proactive person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and muck in
- Someone who wants to join our mission to help millions of Brits to feel better about their money and disrupt a staid, traditional industry which is not working for its customers as well as it should be
What you'll be doing
We will need you to recommend, produce and manage engaging, accurate and up-to-date consumer-facing multimedia content for our consumer channels with periodic content to support our industry product sets.
This content will need be to be varied in nature, from educational, to driving customer reach and engagement across all channels, but will also have to relate to our product lines and commercial strategies.
This content will include;
- Video content such as explainer videos, listicles, review content and product demos
- Infographics for web content and social media
- Design work for conceptual demos, pitches and briefs
- Contributing to Boring Money’s web and content strategy
- Working with subject matter experts to produce new content to specific content and engagement briefs
- Managing the content approval process and pick-up editing
- Contributing to publishing and content management duties across our website CMS
- Implementing content design principles and optimisation across the site's core content
- Carrying out results analysis to understand what works and why and acting on it, ensuring our content remains relevant and popular with our audiences
- Having good knowledge of the social media environment with experience of creating content optimised for social executions
- Ensuring that all the content meets the editorial, brand, style and tone of voice
- Supporting and elevating our current content standards
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to juggle competing workloads and deadlines is essential
You will be informed about best practice across each multi-media mode in your tool kit and be able to integrate this into the collaborative relationships with our marketing, research and commercial teams.
Boring Money is an agile business, with cross functional teams that rarely work in isolation. Your role will also require;
- Supporting the development and execution of web strategies across our website, social channels and communities (eg forums, blogs, community boards)
- Understanding and optimising the web architecture, supporting technologies and content structure, ensuring effective and engaging customer journeys
- Working with external production agencies when required
Bonus attributes and skill sets
- Ability to write compelling copy in our authentic voice that resonates with our target audience, driving actions, engagement, link-sharing and click-throughs
- Good knowledge of financial topics as they affect consumers and an alertness to broader issues in the media that might have financial implications for consumers.
- Understanding of the principles of SEO
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
Please support your application with your content portfolio and any campaigns you have worked on.
- Competitive salary
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- 25 days’ holiday per year
The role will report to our Head of Marketing.
Immediate start preferred.
This role will suit someone with circa 5-8 years’ experience of financial PR and marketing.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.