Head Of Industry Relations
HEAD OF INDUSTRY RELATIONS – NEWLY CREATED ROLL
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions.
This year we are on track to have 1 million consumers on our site, using our Best Buy tables to find ISAs and pensions, or our Triage Quiz to help them find the right product or advice for them. We have recently added advice tables and an Adviser Directory, which help consumers to pick the right digital adviser or individual traditional adviser for their needs.
Our readers are central to everything we do, providing ratings, reviews and feedback which enable TripAdvisor-type insights to readers who want customer insights as well as our opinions and ratings. Content is King and our audience is engaged.
Our consumer website, webinars, quizzes and proprietary consumer panel all give us a unique view of what British savers and investors want, fear, understand and need. This always-on feedback loop is increasingly fuelling our research and insights business, as we work with the industry to help them with qualitative and quantitative research, as well as advisory and consultancy projects. We help the industry understand the voice of the customer, and so make better products, services and communications.
After 5 years of listening, testing and learning, we are now ready to accelerate our growth. We have an ambitious strategy to execute, as we reinforce our position to become the most trusted independent brand which helps consumers to make better financial choices.
OUR GROWTH PLANS
We have ambitious growth plans in 2022. As we grow, and as more consumers tell us what they like, want and need, so our proprietary insights get more powerful. With our own customer panels, developing datasets and new CRM, we are well placed to offer the industry unique real-time customer insights and research.
We work with a wide range of industry clients – fund managers, banks, platforms, robos and advice firms – who come to us as the voice of the customer.
With our subscription data products, published reports and bespoke research projects, we help providers to:
- Size the market
- Understand the competitor landscape
- Track customer feedback and sentiment
- Test new propositions
- Test UX and customer journeys
- Understand changing sentiment
- Do a deep dive on thematic projects such as sustainable investing, digital advice, engaging particular client segments and more
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a well-connected, motivated investment industry professional to take on the newly created role of Head of Industry Relations. You will bring the voice of our clients back into the business and make sure that our research is timely, focussed and doing what our clients need it to.
This external-facing role will see you:
- Liaise with senior stakeholders in the industry, understanding their challenges and needs – your key contacts will be sales, marketing and product directors at asset management firms, platforms, banks and advice firms
- Feedback our client needs to the research and marketing teams, making sure our research is relevant and timely for our clients
- Work closely with our Head of Research to determine, define or revise our product sets to satisfy client demand
- Support the development of our Advice vertical, engaging with advice firms to understand their acquisition and retention needs and feeding in to our growth plans here
- Lead the commercial efforts of the B2B business, managing the sales and marketing teams’ focus and building a new team of relationship managers
Ultimately, we want someone to talk to the industry, work out what they need, work with the research team to understand how we can help, create the right products at the right time, and take these back out to the industry.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
You will be a motivated, curious self-starter with experience of working in smaller growth companies. You will have strong industry relationships with asset managers, platforms, pension providers, the FCA, journalists and other key stakeholders.
You will be commercial and able to identify a client’s need, and work through what solutions they need to help with their challenges.
You will have experience of working in a research environment. You will have a genuine passion and belief that the customer needs to sit at the heart of everything that this industry does – not at the neglected end of a value chain.
- 10 years+ industry experience
- A very good understanding of investments and pensions
- Senior industry contacts with asset managers, banks and platforms
- A good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research
- Be aware of all the latest regulatory and policy developments which impact development and change in the industry
- Have a keen interest in how fintech is changing the sector for the better
- A genuine desire to help make the investment industry better
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Commission based on key targets and the broader 3 year Plan
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- Regular team socials
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Boring Money has a great team of 22 people today. We don’t do office politics and the team is close-knit and collaborative. We’re on a mission to make a genuine difference and it’s an exciting time in our growth.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.