Head of PR and B2B Marketing
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions. Our readers shape our products with their feedback, ratings and reviews, helping us to build the financial lovechild of TripAdvisor and Which? We are an information business – we help consumers to make better choices and our research, insights and data team help the industry to make better products and services. We recently completed a successful raise on Crowdcube to fund the next chapter in our development.
About the role
After 4 years of testing and development we are now ready to grow and have ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond. While we:
- Grow our traffic from 500,000 visitors to 2 million visitors in the next 12 months
- Add to our product comparison verticals
- Expand our B2B research and data business
Boring Money are looking for a Head of PR and B2B Marketing. You will shape and deliver our PR and communication strategy and work directly with our CEO and Head of Marketing to produce a consistently evolving brand narrative. You will be responsible for creating the content which tells an industry audience about our research and insights.
We have ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond and endeavour to be positioned as the UK’s leading investment information platform, and the go to industry experts for consumer finance insight. We want to be the group that the industry turns to when they want to understand what their customers want – and what the broader population thinks, needs and wants.
Your main focus will be working with our research team to unearth interesting stories for the B2B industry press and investment industry professionals. You will also support the CEO with consumer press releases working with nationals and personal finance journalists.
You will be responsible for our B2B website content (www.boringmoneybusiness.co.uk) and using our wealth of data, insights and qualitative informative to create a constant stream of interesting content for the industry and journalists.
Our research produces quarterly reports on a number of subjects from online investing to advice – always with the angle of what the consumer thinks, wants, likes and needs. Your job is to create supporting marketing collateral, presentations and content to support these reports, and our ongoing subscription products.
You will come up with ideas and ways of telling these stories – from social to webinars and articles. As life returns to normal we also like to think we will revert to the occasional face-to-face event!
What you'll be doing
As Head of PR, you will ensure consistent and relevant messaging across a range of B2B and B2C audiences. You will collaborate closely with our marketing, research and strategic teams to develop stories that secure high quality media coverage in corporate and consumer publications.
As we grow you will help protect and foster our distinctive brand identity by deepening our relationships with journalists, news desks, industry bodies and relevant areas of government, sharing suitable industry insight and business updates.
On the marketing front you will lead and maintain our suite of literature and content to promote our reports and products to a senior industry audience of asset managers, banks, platforms, fintechs and pension providers.
Success will be measured ultimately by our product sales and reach, as well as the coverage received in consumer and industry press.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstratable corporate and consumer PR experience with examples of past success
- Good relationships with the industry press, national journalists and broadcast media
- Experience developing comms for a range of audiences across a variety of channels.
- Proven experience with integrating PR/Comms plan into a defined marketing mix and established strategic growth plan
- Familiarity with the current social media, podcasting and webinar landscape
- Experience of taking data and insights and turning this into engaging and straightforward messages, articles, blogs, videos and other content
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, a varied book of clients and a variety of external partners
- The ability to write well and to create marketing collateral, brochures, fliers, website content, LinkedIn snippets and more
- A cheerful, flexible and genuinely curious person who loves what they do
- Competitive salary
- Share options scheme
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- 25 days’ holiday per year
The role will report to our Head of Marketing.
Immediate start preferred.
This role will suit someone with circa 5-8 years’ experience of financial PR and marketing.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.