Market Research Manager/Associate Director
Opportunity to work in the savings and investment industry
Be a part of a growing research team in a flourishing and highly-respected industry champion, led by an entrepreneur with a successful track record in creating respected financial services businesses.
This role is ideal for an experienced Market Research Manager/Associate Director with relevant experience in the financial services market who wants to be a part of something that is a little bit different than that offered by the standard ‘research agency’ career path.
This role will suit market researchers who are able to design, conduct, manage and present research projects – being involved from inception to delivery. An understanding of and confidence in both qualitative and quantitative methodological approaches is essential.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step up – and to get out from behind a desk and to be a bigger part of a smaller team. The role, whilst supported by a small team of 5 other researchers, requires you to work with a high degree of proactivity and independence.
As part of a small team, the successful applicant will gain industry exposure to senior executives and policy influencers. Being immersed in the world of financial services, you will become expert in identifying industry challenges and trends and create research that we can sell to clients, rather than being purely responsive to incoming client briefs.
We are looking for a Market Researcher who will be able to complete the following:
- Designing and writing robust research proposals
- Creating materials required for qualitative research
- Qualitative moderation – including focus groups, phone and face-to-face interviews with consumers
- Collecting and understanding quantitative data
- Aggregating data from multiple sources, to present a single view with meaningful conclusions
- Producing written client reports which summarise and report back on the findings
- Working with third-party agencies (e.g. recruitment agencies, quantitative panel providers)
- Have experience of creating and managing consumer research projects for clients
- Be comfortable using qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Have an interest in the new digital developments in the consumer market
- Have a good understanding of the key financial products and services
- Be confident in front of senior audiences
- Take a genuine pride in your work
- Have an interest financial services and a desire to make them more consumer-friendly
We are talking to people about their money – a position of big responsibility and trust. Above all we need someone who is fair, honest and keen to help ‘normal people’ make more sensible decisions about their finances. Integrity and a genuine ‘commitment to the cause’ are essential.
Boring Money is an ‘established, start-up’ consumer website set up by the Founder of The Platforum, Holly Mackay. We help people who find finance baffling and confusing to make some sensible decisions.
Boring Money launched in June 2015. Since then our audience has grown substantially. The events we hold and the research we produce has gained industry recognition and we regularly run features in national publications, most recently in The Times and The Sunday Times.
Our first consumer campaign had more than 850,000 video views across YouTube and Facebook. You can see these on our YouTube channel.
There are currently 16 full-time employees working across our research, sales and marketing team.
The role is full-time based in Oxford Circus/Bond Street area of London.
Salary and start
Salary commensurate with experience and an immediate start preferred.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.