Sales & Events Admin Executive
Opportunity to work in the savings and investment industry
Be a part of a growing team in a flourishing and highly respected industry champion, led by an entrepreneur with a successful track record in creating respected financial services businesses.
This role is for a Sales & Events Admin Executive with some experience in the financial services industry who wants to be a part of something that is a little bit different than that offered by the large City firms’ career path.
We are looking for a graduate who has had some experience in the financial services industry either working for Life and Pensions Provider, Asset Manager, Online investment platform or IFA firm.
The role is very varied and will involve a variety of different responsibilities from:
- organising and coordinating events, in particular maintaining invitee lists and follow up pre- and post-event.
- picking up work from the research team.
- getting involved with bespoke research pieces.
- maintaining databases.
- turning your hand to a bit of everything when required - no two days will be the same!
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Have a sound knowledge of some of the regulatory challenges that the industry faces.
- Have some experience dealing with customers.
- Have been in a similar role dealing with ad hoc projects, which have involved dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Have an interest in the new digital developments in the consumer market.
- Have a basic understanding of the key financial products and services.
- Have a basic understanding of how consumers access financial products today and the choices that they make.
- Be confident in front of senior audiences.
- Take a genuine pride in your work.
- Have an interest financial services.
- Be a self-starter who does not need spoon feeding.
- Be self-motivated and willing to show initiative.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be a team player.
- Have a thorough and methodical approach to your work.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step up – and to get out from behind a desk and to be a bigger part of a smaller team. To move into a role that requires you to work with a high degree of proactivity and independence.
As part of a small team, the successful applicant will gain industry exposure. Being immersed in the world of financial services, you will become expert in identifying industry challenges and trends and have the opportunity to attend meetings with senior industry staff meeting a range of companies from Life & Pensions companies to asset managers to large IFA distribution companies.
We are talking to people about their money – a position of big responsibility and trust. Above all we need someone who is fair, honest and keen to help ‘normal people’ make more sensible decisions about their finances. Integrity and a genuine ‘commitment to the cause’ are essential.
Boring Money is an ‘established, start-up’ consumer website set up by the Founder of The Platforum, Holly Mackay. We help people who find finance baffling and confusing to make some sensible decisions.
Boring Money launched in June 2015. Since then our audience has grown substantially. The events we hold and the research we produce has gained industry recognition and we regularly run features in national publications, most recently in The Times and The Sunday Times.
Our first consumer campaign had more than 850,000 video views across YouTube and Facebook. You can see these on our YouTube channel.
Location & Team
The role is full-time based in Oxford Circus/Bond Street area of London.
There are currently 17 full-time employees working across our research, sales and marketing team.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Life in service insurance.
- Flexible working hours by arrangement (core hours 08:30 – 17:30).
- Freedom Fridays - 1 per quarter (leave at 3pm for an early weekend).
Salary and start
Salary commensurate with experience and an immediate start preferred.
Please contact Janine Menasakanian to apply or if you have any questions before applying.