Strategic Relationships Manager - Platforms and Advice (newly created role)
Boring Money has been set up to help ‘normal people’ to make better choices with their savings, investments and pensions.
This year we are on track to have 1 million consumers on our site, using our Best Buy tables to find ISAs and pensions, or our Triage Quiz to help them find the right product or advice for them. We have recently added advice tables and an Adviser Directory, which help consumers to pick the right digital adviser or individual traditional adviser for their needs.
Our consumer website, webinars, quizzes and proprietary consumer panel all give us a unique view of what British savers and investors want, fear, understand and need. This always-on feedback loop is increasingly fuelling our research and insights business, as we work with the industry to help them with qualitative and quantitative research, as well as advisory and consultancy projects. We help the industry understand the voice of the customer, and so make better products, services and communications.
Using our unique consumer insights and working with advisers in the industry and in our newly formed Adviser Directory, we create a series of subscription products, research reports and bespoke projects which help our clients to create better products and services.
We work with asset managers, banks, building societies, investment platforms, robo advisers and wealth management firms. In 2021 we have particularly focussed on DIY investing, Value Assessments for asset managers, Sustainable Investing and emerging channels of advice, including Digital Advice.
OUR GROWTH PLANS
After a recent successful fundraise, we have ambitious growth plans in 2022. As we grow, and as more consumers tell us what they like, want and need, so our proprietary insights get more powerful. With our own customer panels, developing datasets and new CRM, we are well placed to offer the industry unique real-time customer insights and research.
Our newly created adviser pages and Adviser Directory bring the voice of advisers onto our site, helping readers with their questions and providing introductions between adviser and client. We are developing our Advice plans and increasing the adviser research we conduct to complement the consumer research we are best known for.
We work with a wide range of industry clients – fund managers, banks, platforms, robos and advice firms. With our subscription data products, published reports and bespoke research projects, we help providers to:
- Size the market
- Understand the competitor landscape
- Track customer feedback and sentiment
- Test new propositions
- Test UX and customer journeys
- Benchmark propositions
- Understand changing sentiment
- Do a deep dive on thematic projects such as sustainable investing, digital advice, engaging particular client segments and more
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Strategic Relationship Manager will sit in our newly formed Commercial Team and is a B2B sales position with new business acquisition and account management responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who understands the retail investment platform and/or financial advice industry, has a good working knowledge of current platforms and regulations, and will understand the challenges that investment platforms, robos and advice firms face.
We have increasing consumer insights – qualitative and quantitative – and work with platforms, robos and advice firms to provide benchmarking, research, content and acquisition services to them. Our B2C site both informs our research but also provides a platform to talk to customers on.
Our quarterly Data and Analysis service is used to help our clients size and segment the market and various opportunities. It can support new proposition development and inform business plans and focus. We also run focus groups and interviews for more qualitative projects. Our research this year has focussed on sustainable investing, digital advice, pension consolidation, less confident cash savers, the growth in DIY investing and more.
We are looking for a Relationship Manager who will understand our clients’ business models and the key challenges they face. Identify how we can help. And in turn feedback to our research team, with ideas and input to make our products better.
You will also be the champion for providers internally, and make sure that our content on our B2C site is fair, up-to-date and accurate.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A minimum of 6 years’ of experience in the financial services sector
- Specific investment platform and/or robo experience
- A genuine curiosity and interest in this fast-changing part of the market
- Strong sales skills, with experience of consultative selling rather than a pre-determined product push
- Demonstrable relationships with senior financial executives at large companies who trust your ability to present them with products that add immediate value to their organizations.
- The right presentation skills to articulate a value proposition to a broad range of people at all levels
- A track record of successfully selling support and research services is a plus
- Aptitude for qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands
- Someone very adept at juggling multiple balls and working in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment
- Own our relationships with 20+ platforms and robos
- Develop strong relationships with people in these firms – trusted relationships which are productive for both sides
- Identify new opportunities and developing needs
- Work with the research team to shape and develop our products in response to client feedback
- Work with our marketing team to make sure we are capturing the right consumer insights from our B2C site and audience
- Make sure we represent robos and platforms correctly on our website
- Keep our clients happy
- Own the revenue part of the P&L for research in relation to investment platforms, robos and advice firms
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus based on key targets and the broader 3-year Plan
- Flexible working
- Pension plan
- 4 Freedom Fridays every year – early finish to start the weekend sooner
- Modern office space by Bond St tube
- Regular team socials
- 25 days’ holiday per year
Boring Money has a great team of 24 people today. We don’t do office politics and the team is close-knit and collaborative. We’re on a mission to make a genuine difference and it’s an exciting time in our growth.
Please contact us to apply or if you have any questions before applying.