In the press
We are featured regularly in the press when the voice of investment consumers is needed. Here are some recent highlights.
- MoneyMarketing - We feature in cartoon form in The Wellesley Grove Journal
- Financial Times - Launch of UK's cheapest pension by Vanguard
- Moneyweek - SIPP price war sparked by Vanguard
- ETF Stream - Minority stake in robo-adviser Moneyfarm acquired by Poste Italiane
- Portfolio Adviser - Industry’s first ethical buy list
- Financial Times - Legal & General Investment Management say goodbye to Helena Morrissey
- The Times - Get to know your savings with these pensions apps
- City A.M. - Neil Woodford - can his reputation ever recover?
- The Times - Ethical Investing offers you the chance to keep your principles and your profits
- Morningstar - FCA Research Finds Gender Diversity Hasn't Improved
- ETF Stream - So, what has happened in the world of robo-advice?
- BBC Radio 4 Moneybox - Find out how you can start investing
- This is Money - Is Goldman Sachs coming to Britain's DIY investing market?
- Portfolio Adviser - FCA opens door for small-time investors by approving AI adviser
- Financial Adviser - You could boost pension engagement by boasting investment knowledge
- City A.M. - Why a long-term fund wouldn’t prevent another Woodford-style scandal
- Money Marketing - Boring Money fights for cost transparency by launching an Investment Fee Calculator to compare fund platforms
- Money Observer - Boring Money launches Investment Fee Calculator to compare fund platforms
- This is Money - Want to get into investing and pick your own shares? Here's what you need to know
- The Times - DIY investors have lost their trust in best buy tables - why?
- The Times - Become an investor in minutes with the best micro-investing apps
- Stylist Magazine - Why don't more women invest?
- Freetrade - Boring Money's Consumer Investment Awards 2019
- CityAM - Should we cull best buy funds lists?
- Financial Times - The fallout for Woodford's investors
- The Times - What you should know about exit fees before leaving an investment platform
- Investor Chronicle - How to avoid high charges when picking a platform
- Financial Review - Why are women 'better investors' than men?
- Financial Times Podcast - National numeracy day - why are so many women less confident with numbers than men?
- Professional Adviser - Robo-advisers and their dream of actual profits
- Money Observer - Helena Morrissey calls on fund managers to speak in plain English to help consumers
- The Telegraph - The risk for DIY investors of losing returns
- YourMoney - Interactive Investor introduces new charging structure with Netflix-style three monthly subscriptions
- MoneyLens - We need to discuss money - women especially
- The Times & The Sunday Times - Vote in the Consumer Investment Awards brought to you by Boring Money, The Times, and The Sunday Times
- Retirement Planner - Martin Jones: if women continue avoiding investing, this will exacerbate the gender wealth gap, especially in retirement
- BBC Radio London - Holly speaks to Eddie Nestor about the new vacancy for Governor of the Bank of England
- The Sun - Free app lets you trade easily without fees from the sofa
- Financial Times - Are female investors really better than male investors?
- This is Money - Why companies should use International Women's Day to re-think their marketing to women
- Money Lens - Everyone needs to start talking more about money - women especially
- The Times - Women should not be afraid of investing - here's why
- This is Money - Holly Mackay guides you through the ISA minefield with our results from testing nearly 30 providers
- The Times - How a JISA can help you save for children
- The Times - Ethical investing - Holly examines the results of our Times reader survey
- Financial Times - You could be losing out thanks to default financial deals & interest on Cash
- Your Money - Where should you open a Junior ISA?
- Good Money Guide - Wealthsimple European CEO Toby Triebel recommends Boring Money to nervous investors
- Daily Mail - 6 weeks left to get your ISA savings in shape - Compare Stocks & Shares ISAs with Boring Money
- Moneywise - 68% of Moneywise readers find investing info difficult to understand. Boring Money finds just 14% of people are confident opening investing accounts.
- Money Observer - Boring Money research finds top priority for new investors is "simple English"
- The Mail on Sunday - Can you trust expert fund picks which claim they can make DIY investors richer?
- The Times - Pressure builds for Hargreaves Lansdown to reduce fees
- Financial Times - We should encourage new investors to ask 'stupid questions'
- FT Adviser - Boring Money research finds Stocks & Shares ISA fee disparity means £33,000 gap between lowest and highest-cost platforms
- Money Marketing - Boring Money finds investing without advice can cost returns
- The Times - Boring Money’s mid-risk investment test accounts reveal huge disparity in how your money is managed
- Financial Times - Boring Money find cost difference between highest and lowest-cost platforms more than the average UK salary
- The Times - Self-assessment tax - what a cryptic crossword
- The Times - The truth about why fund managers avoid transparency
- This is Money - How to avoid overspending when you get your first job
- The Times - DIY Investing - How to navigate the common problems
- Finance.co.uk - Boring Money & Quilter research - DIY investors could lose out on up to 11.3% of gains per year
- Morningstar - New Year tips for improving DIY portfolios
- BBC - Can you retire early if you live frugally enough?
- Financial Times - Boring Money research shows robo advisers are winning over customers
- The Times - Boring Money's quarterly robo update shows robo advisers outperform the FTSE
- The Telegraph - Nutmeg launches new ethical option
- Refinery29 - Investing using apps
- Money Marketing - How does divorce affect retirement prospects for women?
- Daily Mail – Robo-adviser computer algorithms could bar you, if you check your investments too often
- ESG Clarity – Fund industry an “echo chamber” when it comes to ethical investment, with consumers very unaware
- Citywire New Model Adviser - Holly digs into the valuations to assess Interactive Investor's purchase of Alliance Trust Savings
- FT - When it comes to wealth management deals, are they good for investors?
- Telegraph 'It's Your Money' Podcast - Holly joins financial journalists Sam Brodbeck and Laura Miller, to help you dip a toe into investing & discuss what to do if the company you backed ends up nosediving
- Portfolio Adviser - With tailored recommendations for £350 - is Nutmeg's low-cost advice offering too optimistic?
- Moneywise - Moneywise Pension Awards 2018
- The Mirror - Robo advisers can provide a 7.92% return on your money - here are the pros & cons
- The Metro – Holly Mackay talks about her best investment move
- Money Marketing - Holly Mackay's Blog: We need to re-think suitability rules for robo-advisers
- Portfolio Adviser - Investors are willing to consider ethical investing, but the robo-advisers are not ready yet
- FT Adviser - Boring Money research finds that the UK gender investment gap tops £100bn
- Shares Magazine - Women and investing: Why female participation in the markets is not growing fast enough
- Investment Week - Charles Stanley Direct platform fees increased
- FT Adviser - Wealthify launched an ethical investing portfolio
- Muckle - Young investors drive the market toward ethical investing
- Money Observer - Wealthify to offer five different ethical portfolios
- Bobs Guide - younger generations are willing to share their data, driving Open Banking forward
- Financial Times - Robo advisers fail to beat market benchmark
- The Times - Goldman Sachs offers an online account with a rate of 1.5 per cent
- Money Marketing - Robo advisers AUA grew by more than 80% in last 12 months
- Financial Times - UBS closes its UK robo-advice service to new customers
- The Sunday Times - Use investment app to up your investment game
- Eloquently Her - Holly Mackay wants to ‘cut through the cr@p'
- Eloquently Her - Too busy to manage your money? Holly's got some advice for you
- Financial Director - Holly Mackay shares her experience of breaking the glass ceiling
- MoneyLens - All you need to know about funds
- Professional Adviser - D2C platform and robo-advice CEOs: UK DIY investing space will rocket by more than £100bn in the next five years
- The Times - You can try it too: Dabbl users pay £2 a month and have a buying fee of £1
- Raconteur Quotes - Millennials are set to inherit £1.2 trillion in the next 30 years, and they are changing the game
- The FT Adviser - Start financial education as a student
- Professional Adviser - Investment Week has raised £12K in a charity pub quiz
- The Telegraph - Boring Money Consumer Investment Awards
- Forbes - Only 23% of women have investment products compared with 35% of men
- MoneyLens - why do fewer women invest?
- Pensions Playpen - A Boring Money’s Fintech day
- Professional Adviser - Women in Financial Advice Awards
- FT Adviser - Paying back Help To Buy loans
- The Telegraph - Linking gardening to investing in the M&G Podcast
- Your Money - Cost of renting in retirement
- This is Money - Guide to using Lifetime ISAs for buying your first home
- Metro - How falls in share prices may affect workplace pensions
- The Telegraph - Assessing whether the increase in ‘ready made’ portfolios is an advantage to the investor
- The FT Adviser - Hargreaves Lansdowne offers unique service for novice investor
- Irish Independent - Lucy Mangan, Childhood savings linked to inequalities between genders
- Money Marketing - Use of AI in advising on your money
- The Telegraph - Launch of The Consumer Investment Awards 2018
- The Times - Tips on investing £10,000
- The Express - Keeping an eye on trading costs and investment fees
- Daily Mail - Advice on investing spare cash
- The Times - Millenial money advice
- Metro - Financial inequality, trade wars and buying property for the first time
- YourMoney - More women aged 18-36 increasingly seeing value in investing
- The Telegraph Article - Man vs Machine within the world of finance
- World Finance Stats - Women’s wealth is increasing but financial confidence is not
- The Times - Women more savvy than men when it comes to investing
- Money Week - The traits that ‘make women better investors'
- The Financial Times - Pocket money apps
- Metro - Holly’s weekly Take Stock column
- The FT Adviser - Best performing robos outpace FTSE 100, according to Boring Money research
- Daily Mail - Readers’ question: Where should I put savings for my child?
- Professional Adviser - Why advisers want better content for their clients
- The Telegraph - Holly reviews the best ISA providers
- The Telegraph - Why having too much of your pension in bonds as you close in on retirement may not be a good idea any more
- The FT Advisor - Robo market grows – but because of balances, not new customers
- Metro - Holly’s weekly Take Stock column
- Financial Adviser - Boring Money releases the latest market stats
- The Times - Finance jargon-busting
- Financial Times - Robos grow in popularity, but customer acquisition costs remain high
- Professional Adviser - Nutmeg doubles customers to reach £1bn AUM
- City AM - Nutmeg passes £1bn AUM
- Your Money - Are Robo Advisers really that disruptive?
- Gears of Biz - Equal pay day – and the inequality in salaries
- Mortgage Solutions - Gender pay gap – and the gender investment gap
- Express Newsline - Divorce rates on the up
- YourMoney.com - Boring Money research on divorce rates and post-divorce finances
- Pensions Age – Middle aged workers may struggle to afford to retire, says Boring Money research
- Pensions Age - Why women don’t trust pensions
- The Sun (Print) – Problems with the new pound coin
- The Sunday Times (Print) - More problems with the new pound coin!
- Money Observer - What an ideal online investment manager might look like
- Daily Mail - Holly highlights what you need to ask before picking an online investing platform