Research and Data Analyst
Boring Money was founded three years ago. The aim is to demystify this often impenetrable world and to help consumers better understand the industry and to provide independent advice on products and actions.
In conjunction with our consumer activity, we work with the financial services industry to help them build better products and to have better conversations. We provide both qual and quant research to clients, along with content and marketing support.
Join the research team to help build out, develop and deliver our product sets.
You must have at least 3 years + experience in the research space, working with either investment platforms, asset managers or DC pensions providers. You will genuinely want to help our clients improve what they do and to make a clearer, more transparent industry, highlighting excellence and good practice as well as observing the need for improvement. You know your way around industry jargon and are broadly familiar with the FCA’s latest thinking and the developing market requirements
- Work within the team and individually to update, develop and produce new and existing datasets and reports for the banks, wealth managers, platforms, asset managers and life companies
- Manage surveys of end consumers, working with third parties such as YouGov and our own increasing Boring Money reader base
- Manipulate data in excel to support insights and our output
- Engage with the industry providers to collect data and also to feedback data so this is not just one-way traffic
- Build and develop relationships with the industry and the press
- Maintain and update our consumer website with the latest stats, pricing and other details
- Help manage and update our online data and research tool POD
- Help with report production (using Word and PowerPoint template) and see reports through to delivery (ensuring charts appear correctly, sourcing cover images, etc).
We are also developing our new data project. If you have less experience in the investments markets but experience in R or Python; experience in manipulating databases with SQL and/or experience of how to present insights through dashboards and visualisation tools such as Tableau then please also drop us a note.
This job will suit a self-starter who wants to work in a busy environment with no BS. We don’t do politics or grandstanding. We have a good time, take pride in what we do, and have happy clients and engaged readers. Plenty of opportunity to develop the role, new product sets and improved services.