At Boring Money we combine data and insights from product providers, third parties and individual investors to produce bespoke research, as well industry publications. Turn to us for more details about how we can help with both qualitative and quantitative research.
We get the numbers & data from providers, and stats & opinions from consumers. This combined quantitative and qualitative approach supports our expert publications, which are more than just a series of graphs and far from boring.
Ethical Investing - Fad? Or the future?
As more fund managers and robo advisers launch ethical products, Boring Money and The Times have teamed up to find out what Brits really think about this investing trend. Is 2019 the year when it’s going to take off? What’s the appetite?
This report tackles five core questions:
- Consumer sentiment and understanding – how well are the concepts understood? What do people want?
- Blacklisting versus impact – how do the different approaches resonate and with which segments?
- Preconceptions, concerns and the trade-off with returns – assumptions and beliefs.
- The research compared to uptake in practice.
- Recommendations for focus and change.
Price: £3800 + VAT
What does the perfect online investing service look like, according to consumers? We’ve combined deep-dive qualitative research with a nationally-representative survey of British adults to give a comprehensive picture of the wealth Britain manages online, what consumers really look for and what the future of online investing will be.
The report contains six sections:
- State of the Market – who’s in the zoo and what are they up to? How do they compare against each other?
- CEO Speak – what do the people who control over half the UK’s digital wealth providers predict for the future?
- Help, Guidance and Advice – do people want advice? If so in what guise, and will they pay?
- Products and Portfolios – ethical investing is growing in importance
- Brand – who’s got the best brand awareness and consumer trust?
- What does the perfect online service look like?
Cost: £2400 + VAT. Get ahead of the market. View the Contents Page
2018 Online Investing Report
The 2018 Online Investing Report is a must-read for anyone launching or managing an online investment service in the UK, or those brands who partner or work with these providers.
Thise 2018 report is split into four key sections:
- Market data and stats
- Consumer research from over 6,000 UK adults
- Consumer feedback on propositions
- Boring Money’s test results and UX analysis of 25 platforms and robo advisers
We have sourced investment platform and robo data straight from each firm to reveal why the non-advised online investing market grew at a steady pace in 2017, which were the heroes and which were the villains.
Download the 2018 flyer here
Please contact Carmel Dickinson for more details. The report costs £5,800+VAT.
2017 Customer Acquisition Report
The Customer Acquisition Report has been compiled with research from over 6,500 UK adults and 20+ providers of online investment services.
The report is an invaluable aid to those working on their direct to customer proposition. We start with a focus on the consumer. What people have, what they think, which brands they would use and what attracts them to products and providers. We have done a deep dive into segmentation and look at customers by age, wealth, income and gender as well as several life stages.
We also deliver a detailed review of the marketplace today, by provider type. Looking across banks, robos, traditional platforms, life companies and asset managers, we identify spend across all media channels, and look at overall acquisition costs. By mapping the provider spend and approach to the consumer research, we can start to track success and see what works.
The report is key reading not just for marketeers but for any director of an investment brand working out how to compete in the non-advised space. We’re also able to tailor our findings based on your own segmentation models.
Please contact Carmel for further questions. The report costs £5,250 +VAT.
2017 Online Investing Report
The Online Investing Report investigates more than 20 of the largest online players in the market today. We compile and aggregate data to provide AUA, market share, demographic data, split of investments and tax wrappers and user behaviours.
Utilising research from more than 2,000 UK adults in conjunction with YouGov, the report also details feedback and reviews from experienced and novice investors. It covers details of their customer journeys across a variety of provider propositions. What does good look like?
We also deep dive into the overall marketplace, detail in depth quantitative consumer research and outline customer experiences.
This report will be an invaluable tool for any distributor or provider who wants to understand the DIY investment space in the UK today.
Contact Carmel Dickinson for more details. The report costs £5,400 +VAT.