Hours: Permanent full time
Role reports to: Head of Sales and Industry Relations
This is an unique opportunity to join a growing and exciting start-up in the financial services space which has products in both the B2C and B2B space.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirited person who has the drive and tenacity to grow our digital and events proposition. And to support the broader sales efforts. This is not ‘call times’ and ‘rebooks’ – this is about understanding the digital and events landscape and applying your knowledge to identify and engage relevant clients.
You will bring to life your innovative and creative ideas to drive revenue across Boring Money.co.uk and our 3 major events. You will work collaboratively the Head of Sales and the marketing teams to develop the digital business, create new business and to meet targets set by the founder.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience with a track record of success in a digital or events (delegate acquisition) sales roles. 2 years +
- Understanding of the digital advertising marketplace
- Proven ability to take leads from discovery through to close.
- An entrepreneurially spirited character who can help us develop and improve upon our current processes and products.
- A contact book of digital and West End agencies would be a bonus.
- Someone who truly embraces the importance of maintaining a rock-solid CRM
- Motivation to join a small, growing start-up team.
- Represent digital sales across the business
- Represent delegate sales across the business.
- Achieve, and exceed where possible, the budget levels for revenue across digital and events.
- Ensure the 2018/2019 digital and events sales strategy is delivered
- Support the business with sales across all business lines as agreed with the Head of Sales
- Maintain high personal profile amongst key contacts through face to face meetings and telephone contact
- Ensure that campaigns are set up correctly, optimized and reported back on.
- Support on bespoke proposals and pitches.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding developments in the online and content market
- A willingness to learn and understand the financial services space mainly in savings, pensions and investments.
- Strong understanding of the Boring Money.co.uk brand and its objectives.
Our ultimate goal is to build the leading brand for consumers who want to make sensible decisions about savings and investments. You will have a strong belief in what we are trying to do and collaborate with our industry clients towards this end goal, feeding back to the business about what support industry clients want to deliver better services and products to consumers.
At the end of the day we want someone with ideas, with passion and with empathy who can not only sell a suite of products and services – but help the business to become better at what it does and to make sure we are delivering great products and events which our clients want.